Wednesday, March 30, 2005

March 30, 2005


Currently PlayingRecovering the SatellitesBy Counting CrowsGoodnight, Elizabethsee relatedAs my Wednesday night winds down, my fury also cools sligthly.The Bad:I had a staff meetingI had a testHad two hour lecture after dreaded testMy boss royally pissed me offI may not get to take summer session courses at OSU (see above)The Good:Beautiful, Oklahoma Spring dayMade it to class on time despite my staff meetingTest is overlooking into taking online courseswalked around Boomer Lake with Symphony (hi Symph!)Had a good chat with Jon (friend who has a sick kitty)cute guy in class...talked to me...oh yeah!Blech! Today just makes me want to say blech. Everything was fine until the dreaded staff meeting. In not so many words, my boss told me that my leaving for ONE hour a day to take a COLLEGE course was not an option. Seeing as she's probably the only person who has ever truly made me feel inferior for not going to school earlier, I find this slightly ironic. Another thing that I shall vent about today, is materialistic girls. Yes, I said it. A coworker of one of my roommates told her boyfriend the other day, WHILE RING SHOPPING, that she would settle for no less than a 1.7 carat diamond engagment ring. That's right. Explain to me please, how a girl who would be overjoyed with the candy ring that comes from the vending machine outside of Conoco, gets overlooked by these plastics who believe the world revolves around them and their every desire. Please, someone explain that to me. I work very hard for what I have and I find it slightly appauling that a girl would 'demand' such a thing from a guy. Buy it your damn self. Do they realize that getting married is about a 'marriage' and not the gawdy, overdone wedding or the flashy ring? I think there is only one person I know at this point who is planning a wedding that I truly can't wait to be at and that's my roommate Caitlin. She's not engaged yet, but she has the wedding of the century planned. Picture this will you...Fruity Pebble Cupcakes and Snowcones. A bodyguard/bridesmaid with her very own theme music (This is going to be me by the way. Have you all seen The Emperor's New Groove? I want theme music like Krunk!) and a bride coming down the isle to the acoustic tunes of Schism by Tool. Damn skippy! That's what I'm talkin' about! A fun and personalized wedding that has nothing to do with 'bling' and 'look at me'!There you are my friends...the daily rantings of LIZ! Goodnight.Love, Liz

No comments: