Friday, February 03, 2006

Reasons & Seasons

I lay here tonight, doing what I do best, wondering.
I am watching a movie I have seen before, many times in fact, but the plot never ceases to make me think..and ponder.
To boot, I am reading a book that depicts two types of single people. The Seasons and the Reasons. If I am the latter, I would LOVE to know my reason. And not just in mine and Katie's "reason number 365" kind of way. The following is a passage from the book What a Girl Wants by Kristin Billerbeck.

"The odds of a man treating me like this, with kid gloves, are um, shall we say, negative six or so? So now I'm thinking, am I just this practical chick who's not meant for real romance? Maybe I'm the tpe a man marries and immediately denigrates to wearing sweatpants and becoming a laundry Nazi. Perhaps I'm not the type one cherishes, but the practical gal a guy gravitates toward when they have an excess of dirty shorts."

Just a thought...don't read too much into it ya'll.

No comments: