Monday, March 20, 2006

Memory Lane

If I wasn't already feeling kind of blue today, I sure am now.
Holy crap.
This weekend, my mom and I went through all my boxes of stuff that were stored at her house. There was a random shoe box full of miscellaneous stuff so I just brought it home with me to go through when time permitted. So, I sat down tonight, shoe box in hand, and began going through my memories. I haven't cried this much in quite some time. There were approximately 100 letters from my high school boyfriend, telling me how much he loved me and that he would love me always. Riiight... There was a letter from my mom that she wrote when my friend James died. And a letter she wrote me when I was seven. And then there was the envelope and post-it note from a dear, beloved friend who sent me a check with what little he had to offer when I was struggling. It is amazing to see in writing how much someone loves you.

Dad- I know we've had our rough times, but you'll always be my daddy and I'll always be your little girl.
Mom- I can only hope to be half the mom you are.
Mike- You're a dork. And I couldn't love you more if I tried.
Kristen- Nobody loves you like I do. And nobody ever will.
Reagan- Ant Izzi loves you like a fat kid loves cake.
Drew- I love you so much, I'd let you have my babies. :)
Matt- I compare them all to you. Thanks for being a great friend.
Edwin- I feel smarter just by sitting near you. Or is it dumber? :)
Caitlin- I'm glad we had this chance to become friends. It was so worth it.
Liz Jr.- You have made a difference in my life and you probably don't even know it.
Katie- I am more blessed to know you then I could ever put into words. I strive to be more like you.
Coworkers- You make work a part of life that I treasure. It's amazing to work with your true friends.
BloggerBuddies- I have come to look forward to your comments as much as the people I "know". You're presence is appreciated.
Clint- If you didn't realize it was you I was talking about up top, with the envelope and sticky note, now you do. You are an angel and I love you more and more each day.
Nathan- Bear. My love. You're the best date I ever had and one of the best people I have ever known.
Travis- People meet in mysterious ways...ours was divine intervention. Much love.
Suzanne- Friendship transcends time and space, but most importantly people. We're different, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

There are so many more...but I'm tired and my eyes are now all weepy. Dagnabit. :) I love you.

No comments: