Friday, March 10, 2006

On this day...

A secret someone brought me a cookie at work today and put it in my mail box.
I had someone tell me they couldn't wait to see me again.
I got to hold a squishy kitten.
I was angered by hipocracy.
I felt genuinely flattered by a comment I received on a post.
I felt the need to defend a friend.
I flipped someone off while driving.
I felt guilty for flipping someone off while driving.
I longed for things.
I made a grand decision.
I got really, really nervous.
I just told my cat, "If you do that one more time, you are so grounded." I have become my parents...to a cat. FRIGHTENING.
I sent more text messages today than I think I ever have.
It smelled like rain today and that made me very happy.
I wore pink today. That used to make me nauseus, now it makes me happy.
I watched an animal die today.
I watched a woman weep and knew there was nothing I could do to comfort her.
I missed someone today.
I promised Katie I'd give up fastfood with her for lent...and I CHEATED. Mmm...Arby's.
I giggled when I saw a person get pulled over for speeding.
I welcomed the silence.
I drove with my windows down, rockin' out to Sweet Home Alabama!
I wore my shades today.
I took my Mommy out for lunch and didn't get irritated once! haha!
I bought my cats furry mice toys to play with and it makes me smile to see them happy.
I shopped for fun things with my mom.
I got all domestic and bought kitchen towels.
"I'm so afraid to love you, more afraid to lose."- I sang in my empty house.
I daydreamed about living in my own place.
I thought about what I really wanted for the first time in a long time.
I laughed out loud at something I read.
I wanted to kick someones ass today for my mom.
I frolicked in the office when I knew no one was watching. :)
I drank two huge glasses of iced tea and had to pee like 18 times today.
I thought about studying...then changed my mind.
I stuck my tongue out at a coworker.
I got my ass slapped by a coworker. THAT GIRL HITS HARD!
I spoke my mind...and liked it.
I felt inferior today.
I felt superior today.
I wished that someone would just.shut.up.
I wished someone would talk to me...
I wondered if I'm pretty.
I told someone she was beautiful.
I heard a man call his wife a "work of art". I think I may have melted a little.
I heard a GROSS comment from a coworker and think I may have vomited a little in my mouth.
I called my boss, "Woman." today...and got away with it.
I'll buy her coffee tomorrow, and she will love me.
I am currently listening to sappy love songs while I type this and I have the urge to sing, "My Heart Will Go On." I shall refrain. :)
Just kidding...I totally sang it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

uumm welcome to the 21st century liz...they are now sunglasses...not nor will they ever be again called SHADES!!!

nobody loves you like i do

Nicotine Jones said...

Great post. Very sincere and interesting. And when you were dancing around your office, they have it all on the security tapes. Don't you watch "24"? It'll be all over the internet by the end of the weekend...

Have a good one!

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is a great idea! I think I'm going to use it...