Sunday, March 12, 2006

Stressed Out!

So I just got out of church a few minutes ago, and I feel great! I love going to church. I always feel like I have gained something I had no idea I was looking for. The music was insane today too! We had a fill in vocalist/guitarist and that guy had energy to spare! Whew!

The main focus of today was stress and how God's purpose in it. I found it very interesting and thought I would share.

"An anxious heart weighs a man down." ~Proverbs 12:25

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." ~2 Corinthians 4:17

The pastor spoke of how God wants to build our character through out troubles and many times change our direction. I never thought of it that way. Maybe when I was so unbelievably stressed by school it was because I was going for the wrong major. Since I have decided to change to something that seemed to 'fit' me better, I have had a lot less stress in that area. We also learned that common points of stress are schedules, relationships, finances and jobs. DUH! haha!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11

I need to learn that when I am stressed, I need to turn to Him. I'm working on it. I tend to worry about what people think about me. I worry that my roommates don't like me. That i'm not smart enough for school. That my family and friends forget about me, based on "out of sight, out of mind." That I am inept at my job. That I'm never going to find love. That basically, I'm just not good enough. I worry, worry, worry. But I am learning to turn my fears over to him and going to church has helped with that an undeniable amount.

"So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." ~Matthew 6:31-33

It's not about religion, rules or going to church. It's about finding a relationship with him and living the life you were meant to live.

Happy Sunday, ya'll!

No comments: