Thursday, May 11, 2006

Simply Overwhelmed: OxyMORON of the Year


I know that I truly have very little to complain about. I have been blessed beyond words with so many things and I am definately one who recognizes it. I am, however, completely overwhelmed with the unknown. I am one of those people who doesn't necessarily worry about today, but I will freak the hell out about something a week from now. Lying? YES! I am always worried about something or stressed about something. It is my nature. Without worry, Liz would cease to exist. Here's where the weirdness ensues...I am worried and excited all at the same time, about the same things.

1) I have applied for a new job. I truly love my current one, there are just some things I would LOVE to see change. Ahem...my job being one of them. :) This amazing opportunity has stumbled into my lap. And people, I think I might just have a chance at getting it. I am trying SO hard to not get my hopes up, but I still pray about it daily. I want this. I can't help it, I do.

2) I am moving this week. TO.MY.VERY.OWN.PLACE. This is fan-freakin'-tastic, ya'll. I have never lived on my own and I am SO EXCITED! I loved having roommates, but it is time to make changes. Time to move on. Time to be the independent being I have strived to be since birth. Seriously, I refused to even come out of the womb the easy way. I had to do it myself, backwards. I had to make my own mistakes then and nothing has changed there. Maybe that's what this is all about. Finding myself while trying to 'make myself'. Whow knows? It's late...and I'm pooped.

There's of course, more. However, now isn't the time to unload all the worries. For now, I will simply ask for your prayers and well wishes for the things that are taking place. They will be much appreciated. And regardless of the outcome, I am eternally greatful for this experience and there is DEFINATELY a Plan B. :) G'nite all...much love.

1 comment:

Nicotine Jones said...

Good luck with the move and the potential job. When you interview, don't forget to ask for the job!