Sunday, August 07, 2005

Broken Home

The Facade House has had a very...interesting...weekend. The bright ray of sunshine that is Mr. Drew has left us in a gloom. We all love him so very much and were delighted he could grace us with his presence, but sadly, he had to return home. In nine months, when his internship in Philli comes to an end, he will return to Oklahoma whether voluntarily or against his will. Only time will tell. :) Now, a new saga unfolds. The Facade House has lost a member of the clan. Christen has moved back to Tulsa. It has left a unique void, but we are all hoping that it will be for the best for all involved and hopefully mend some fences and hearts in the process. Things won't be the same around here, but that just might be what this family needs. Who knows. Life is so funny sometimes. We think things hit us square between the eyes when we're not looking, but we know there is no way we couldn't have seen it coming. Isn't that how it always happens?

When Drew was here, we laid in my room and talked for HOURS! We talked about life, love and high school. What convo with a best friend doesn't resort back to high school?? We shared memories that made us cry, and some that made us laugh out loud. It was so strange to be reminded of things I can't remember EVER happening and talking about things I know in my heart of hearts that I will never, ever forget. I just can't believe how much I have grown as a person since I graduated high school. Honestly, I don't really remember that person very much anymore. Drew reminds me of her now and again, but it's so hard to imagine myself as her. I look at the reasons that my roommates aren't together anymore and I can see how each of them has changed so much in the short 2 years I have known them. Imagine if I had known them in high school. Imagine if they had known me. Would we be friends with each other? Would we be this close? What if Drew and I didn't meet until Matt and I did? Or Caitlin and I? Edwin? Christen? How different would our lives be? I don't think I'd be the same person at all. I am a firm believer in that we are all put into each others lives for a reason. I knew Drew through some of the hardest times in my life and in this new stage, I know the roomies. But when Drew needed a friend, the first person to step forward was Matt. A person he had never met. So was Drew put into my life to help me? Or to inadvertantly have Matt help him? Were the roommates put here in my life knowing that I needed a break from my mom? Or are they here now to act as my mom's "extended kids"? It is so amazing to think of what life has in store for us all. I got an email the other day that said something to the effect of, "To the world you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world." How fitting. To each person who reads this, you are my reason. God Bless, and good night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry she left, not just matt, but all of you. i'll be praying for you guys as you adjust to this change.

Anonymous said...

We must all watch out for each other now and be on the lookout for any strange behavior.....since we are all from a broken home now. I've already noticed some odd behavior coming from Drew (I love you Drew!! Come home!!) But seriously, this is so weird! I don't even know how to act or feel. Lots of adjusting to do in the following days, weeks, and months.

Incredimom said...

Sorry that drama is amongst the household, and sorry for the changes that everyone in the 'family' will endure. You're strong people, you'll come out on the other side of things...

travis said...

strength isn't the ability to prevent heartbreak and sadness...strength is the ability to endure it. everything happens for a reason