Friday, December 23, 2005

Holiday Humbug

Dear Santa,

I am beginning to feel dampened by the impending holiday and I HATE that. The Christmas season is my favorite time of year (minues the whole Winter thing) and I hate feeling that I'm ready for it to be over. I'm not tired of the usual things people complain about such as the music...the junk food...the 24 hour marathons of "A Christmas Story" and "It's a Wonderful Life". Those are in fact some of the things I cherish. I'm tired of the stress that comes along with the holidays. The stress of wondering if there will ever be someone to share the holiday's with. I'm sitting at home alone right now, watching a rerun of Friends and feeling sorry for myself. I think most of that has to do with the fact that I worked the long shift today, ate lots of sweets and am wondering if I will ever be able to get all of my projects done in time to actually enjoy the holiday. I tend to worry more about basic life issues when I'm tired and doped up on loads of sugary sustenance. I should have known to stop with the chocolate cake when my cheeks began to sweat. Haha!

I'm not trying to be a Grinch, because I am still FULL of the holiday spirit. I enjoy everything about this season. I would just really like my heart to grow three sizes this year.

No comments: