The next two topics I shall blog about have been borrowed, okay, stolen from two seperate people. I'm not returning them, so I'll be honest and admit I stole them. :)
1. Caitlin Marie
Philosophy by Charles Schultz
The following is the philosophy of Charles Schultz, the creator of the "Peanuts" comic strip. You don't have to actually answer the questions. Just read the questions straight through, and you'll get the point.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America Pageant.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winner's for best actor andactress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.
How did you do? (I DID TERRIBLE!)
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But theapplause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
Fran Robson, Les Fonza, Mr. Burnett, Jay Barbre
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
Drew, Suzanne, Kristen
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
Kory, Mom, Matt, Edwin, Caitlin
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
Shannon, Katherine, Kristen, Misty
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
Katherine, Caitlin, Kristen, Brent, Reagan, Kim, Matt, Edwin, Drew, Suzanne, Sue Ann, Misty, Jacey...I couldn't stop at five, people!!
Easier? The lesson: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care.
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's alreadytomorrow in Australia." (Charles Schultz)
2. The Incurable Insomniac
"It has come to my attention that today kicks off National De-Lurking Week. If you're a regular—or even an irregular—reader, then take a few seconds to say hi. You don't have to leave your email address or webpage, if you have one. Just a hello and a first name will do!"
Leave me comments everyone!! Celebrate National De-Lurking Week with me!!
Wanna know why I really think #2 is cool? Because for the past almost two months have been rather discouraged and perhaps a little saddened by my lack of hits on my blog. Why weren't people visiting anymore? Was I boring? NO! I realized just yesterday that I had revamped the look of the blog, deleting my STAT COUNTER! Grr. I reinstalled the coding and now have a newly instilled sense of self worth. Sad how hits and comments can brighten a persons day, eh? So make me feel good about myself peeps. COMMENT AWAY!