Sunday, July 24, 2005

BFF= Best Friends Forever

Do you remember when you were young and all your notes were signed with BFF? I DO! Kristen and I have the best BFF story ever. We were three years old when we met in pre-school at Oakwood Christian Church in Enid, Oklahoma. I would go home after class and it was always "Kristen this" and "Kristen that". The story was likewise for Kristen as she went home and spoke of nothing but "Elizabeth". A parent teacher conference night rolled around and at the end, one of the teachers asked if there were any questions. Kristen's mom Kim stood up and said, "Yes. Who is Elizabeth's mom?" My mom Shelley stood and said, "You must be Kristen's mom!" A relationship was sparked that has lasted almost 21 years. We only went to school together that one time, but amazingly enough, our friendship has withstood long distance moves, softball teams and childish gossip, parents divorcing, broken hearts, loss of loved ones and now married life and baby Reagan. Through it all, we have grown closer than I ever could have imagined. We don't talk everyday. It's not that 'kind' of close. It's the kind of close where I know that I will never go a day without knowing what it means to be loved. I won't ever know a day without family, friendship, support and faith. Thank you Kristen for always being someone I was proud to call 'my best friend'. Thank you for allowing me to be 'Aunt Liz' to your precious daughter and for a lifetime of memories. You're the best! Who loves you like I do?

No comments: