Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Life

Continuing my travels down memory lane, I thought I would share some stuff of mine from high school. I kept a 'journal' if you will of favorite quotes, songs and poems that meant something to me during my junior and senior years. Thought I'd share a few. ;)

Life isn't about keeping score. It's not about how many friends you have or how accepted you are. Not if you have plans this weekend or if you're alone. It isn't about who you're dating, who you used to date, how many people you've dated or if you haven't been with anyone at all. It isn't about who you've kissed. It's not about sex. It isn't about who your family is or how much money they have. Or what kind of car you drive and where you are sent to school. It's not about how beautiful or ugly you are or what clothes you wear, what shoes you have on or what kind of music you listen to. It's not about if your hair is blond, red, black or brown. Or if your skin is too light or too dark. Not about what grades you get, how smart you are, how smart everbody else thinks you are, or how smart standardized tests say you are. It isn't about what clubs you're in or how good you are at your sport. It's not about representing your whole being on a piece of paper and seeing who will accept the wrtten you. Life just isn't. But, life is about who you love and who you hurt. It's about who you make happy or unhappy purposefully. It's about keeping or betraying trust. It's about friendship used as a sanctity or a weapon. It's about what you say and mean, maybe hurtful, maybe heartening. About starting rumors and contributing to petty gossip. It's about what judgements you pass and why and who your judgements are spread to. It's about jealousy, fear, ignorance and revenge. It's about carrying inner hate and love, letting it grow and spreading it. BUt most of all, it's about using your life to touch or poison other people's hearts in such a way that could never have occured alone. Only you choose the way those hearts are affected and those choices are what life's all about. - Anonymous

"Whoever said love is blind is dead wrong. Love is the only thing that lets us see each other with the remotest accuracy." - Martha Beck

He prayed. It wasn't my religion.
He ate. It wasn't what I ate.
He spoke. It wasn't my language.
He dressed. It wasn't what I wore.
He took my hand. It wasn't the color of mine.
But when he laughed, it was how I laughed.
And when he cried, it was how I cried.
- One World

We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, and have done so much for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing. - Anonymous

No comments: