Tuesday, April 12, 2005

April 12, 2005


Currently Playing50 First DatesBy Various Artists311- Love Songsee related
Today was bright and sunny, just a what a lonely heart needed. And the WIND! Ferociously did it's best to blow away all the bad things.The Good:Found out the boss IS paying for a summer courseGot info on financial aid- set for Fall!Went to study at the library...yes boys & girls...I know where the library isA gentlemen held the door for me todayGot inducted into the Phi Eta Sigma Honor SocietyThe Bad:WINDY!Had to sit behind a really cautious driver who was trying to turn leftWatched a guy run a red light and get creamed by another carHaven't gone on a walk todayHave a Philosophy test tomorrowCaught Oakley eating the sofaGot asked out to lunch by a lesbianSo let me hit the highpoints here, shall I? My boss overheard me talking to a co-worker today about how I didn't get any financial aid for the summer. I said that I was going to bite the bullet and enroll anyway, praying that I could save enough money to pay it off in time to enroll the next semester. (Bursar at OSU must be paid off in order to enroll for the next semester's courses. Is is like that everywhere?) So, boss comes in and says, "Liz, I'll still pay for one class remember?" Like I had FORGOTTEN! I played dumb. "Really?" says me. "A summer course?" haha! So, yay for me! I get to take Economics over the summer so I can take Intro to Macro next fall. Yippee! I got an email from the school too telling me that I have been awarded scholarship money for next semester. Thank GOD! However, they assume that my parents contribute 8500 dollars too. Ha! Haha!! Hahaha....ha. Riiiight.A guy held the door for me at the library today...or, at least attempted to. :) He was trying to be sweet and opened the Handicapped Power door which subsequently almost knocked him flat out! haha!! He turns and says, "Technology has taken all the fun out of chivalry." I just smiled and said it was the thought that counted. He ran to the next door and opened it for me...maybe to show me he knew how. Made my day. And yes, I was at the library. I have a Philosophy test that once again I don't feel prepared for. I always do better than I think I'll do...thank goodness. Along those lines, I got inducted into the Phi Eta Sigma honor society tonight. I sat by some mighty interesting people...they made it fun! Christen went with me to keep me company. We made the best out of it. ;) We got a good meal with some KILLER cheesecake that made it ALL worth it. I got a spiffy t-shirt, a gold charm with the crest on it and an official looking piece of parchment. (That would be a piece of paper for the NON- honor society crowd.) On top of the studying issue, it was also too windy to go on a walk. Once Mateo gets home from work I'll see if he wants to go walk the Tank (Hailey) with me. Christen has sore feet from her fancy shoes and everyone is busy workin' on school schtuff. I should be, but I'm taking care of my vessel, damn it! Walking is good for the spirit. Right? Right.Drivers in this town stink. I know I've vented about this before...but whew! I was sitting at a stop light, behind another vehicle. Out of the blue...after sitting at a complete stop...the van in front of me decides to RUN THE RED LIGHT! He floored it into oncoming traffic. Two lanes of cars came to a skidding stop, however the far lane did not see him. This emaculate specimine of a car (Honda Accord) creamed the POS mini-van wannabe and took off her whole front fender. Jackuss in the van kept driving!! He finally turned back around, but instead of checking on the girls he about killed, he checked on the cars. This creep needs to take some MAN lessons from Mr. Holdadoor.So have I told you all about the menagerie of animals I live with? Well if not, Oakley is the native Beagle couchuseatus. I caught her just a few minutes eating a piece of the sofa which she pilfed and then hid under a table with. Hmm...tastes like...fur.Okay, so I haven't been on a date in this town in about two years. Alright, so Rob never actually took me on a date, we "went places together". Despite this sad and pathetic information, I do not see myself as desperate. However, when a girl gets asked out to lunch by a lesbian, she's gotta make some changes in her life. haha!! This woman is REALLY nice and old enough to be my mother, not to mention a client of our office, but could she possible be serious???? WHAT WAS I TO SAY? This woman asked me out!! How was I to say no without coming off as a total bitch. She's a very nice woman, like I said, and the last thing I would want to do is hurt her feelings, but daammmn. Why don't I get asked out by GUYS?! I said that would be nice...Someday we'll have to do that. Oh goodness...a part of me has my tire totally deflated over this one. That will make anyone feel sorry for themself. Then on the other hand, I feel kinda flattered, women are damned picky. I must be gooood. ;)Love to all, Liz

No comments: