Tuesday, April 26, 2005

April 26, 2005


Currently PlayingShania Twain - Greatest HitsBy Shania TwainYou've Got a Waysee relatedToday, I went on a walk! YAY! I love walks. Jacey (a coworker/friend) and I walked around Boomer Lake with Hailey, the golden. She (the dog, not Jacey) stopped to sniff the copious quantities of goose poo as usual and attempted to submerge herself in the lake, but other than that she did well. There was one incident where we almost tripped a roller blader...that woulda been baaaad. There was a wonderful breeze off the water and the smell of fresh cut grass was in the air. There were little kids everywhere which made my ovaries hurt just a tad. There was the most amazing sunset I have EVER seen. I swear. There was a large, dark storm cloud that covered approximately half the lake with an eery, gray glasslike reflection. The sun set behind this cloud, giving it the most radiant pink glow I have ever seen. It went from brilliant orange, to yellow, to pink, to deep purple and finally to blue. I have never seen a sunset that miraculous. At the same time, Jacey and I were talking about life, love and death, which we tend to do quite often. We have the amazing ability to bring out the "deep thinker" in each other. We talked about how we each wanted someone who understands that everything he sees today is brighter than yesterday, everything he touches is softer and everthing he tastes is sweeter, because he knows that today he is one step closer to knowing those things will be gone forever. We want someone who shares the same dreams as we do. He doesn't necessarily have to do the same things, just have the same dreams. Someone who makes us yearn to be a better person, to go the extra mile. It made me want to cherish everything that much more, and let some things go that much more. I told her I was feeling quite lonely these past few days and she felt the same way. I told her that I was capable of standing in a crowded room and still feel alone; that I was actually getting quite good at it. She knew exactly what I meant...and didn't even have to say anything. We talked about past loves and they really WERE loves. We learned from them that love should be so much more, but that doesn't change the fact that they loved us they best way they knew how. Their best just wasn't what we needed at that time in our lives. *sigh*So now, I sit here listening to sappy love songs on Yahoo! Radio and am procrastinating doing homework. I have one paper done and am working on a quick journal entry. Then it's on to studying for my Philosophy final. Blech. Off I go...tomorrow is a new day.Love, Liz



Today is slightly chilly and mildy dreary. I am in a good mood I guess, but for some unknown reason, I feel sad. I am excited about the future, but still long for the past. I miss things I never knew I'd miss and long for someone I barely knew. I feel like if I cried right now, I'd never be able to stop and in all honesty, I don't have time for that. I went to the opera on Saturday night with Katie (a coworker/friend). Our boss gave us tickets to a great show. We went to dinner at Tucci's before hand and stuffed ourselves silly. It's sad how happy food makes me! ;)
I was reading a friends blog early this morning as I munched on my bagel (I'm trying to be better about eating breakfast) and they had a very interesting list posted. It was a list of 50 things about their partner. Seeing as I don't have a partner, I am going to post a list of 50 things about myself.
Here goes...
1. I love my job.2. I am 5'3"...okay! 5'2".3. I am angered by bigotry and homophobia.4. I am saddened by poverty.5. I long for a husband and children.6. I miss my friends in Illinois.7. For the first time, I feel that I can call Stillwater "home" and mean it.8. I can curl my tongue two ways.9. I played the flute for 7 years.10. I yearn to play the piano and guitar.11. I am thrilled by photography.12. I am moved by compassion and generosity.13. I love to laugh. The big, belly laughs. The ones that make you weep.14. I am a natural brunette.15. I cry at movies. Okay! I cry at commercials.16. I am inspired by music.17. I have the best friends in the whole world.18. I like fast cars.19. I am irritated by people who act older than they are.20. I hate it when girls play the "ditsy" role because they think guys like it.21. I love guys who wink at you instead of the goofy 'nod'.22. I hate the fashions of today. Namely the sideways baseball cap, the farmers hat, the inch thick makeup, mini skirts, capri dance pants, and the popped collar.23. I tend to side more with the guys than girls when it comes to relationship issues...because girls act stupid.24. I love the goofy "get to know me" questionnaires you get via email.25. I hate forwards unless they are REALLY funny. Don't tell me I'm going to go to hell if I don't forward a religious one or that I'm going to have bad luck in love...I already have bad luck in love.26. I have an addiction to DVD's. I am happy and content to stay at home and watch movies.27. I hate Stillwater bars.28. I don't smoke, have never done drugs and drink socially.29. When talking to friends, I have a tendency to quote movies as part of the conversation.30. I love hugs. Chris Leonard and Caitlin Foster apparently are tied for the best, so I hear. ;)31. I love cats.32. When I get big, I want a chocolate lab named Linus.33. My car's name is Dory.34. I am a published poet.35. I am a member of Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society.36. I have never broken a bone. (Only cracked my elbow in marching band.)37. I have a scar over my left eye where I "flew" headfirst into my brothers bed as a kid. I thought (and still do) that I was Super Woman.38. I have only had one speeding ticket. (Don't speed through Dover, OK!)39. I have been rearended 3 times.40. I am lactose intolerant.41. I LOVE chocolate.42. My favorite drink is an Amaretto Sour.43. I don't pray as often as I should.44. I am addicted to email.45. I wish I had an aussie accent.46. I love technology.47. I love the smell of rain, fresh cut grass, wood burning stoves, men's cologne, babies and gasoline.48. Morning is my favorite time of day. It always has promise.49. I love daisies because they are the happiest flower!50. I will never change myself to please anyone.

No comments: