Wednesday, April 06, 2005

April 6, 2005


Currently PlayingWhat a Wonderful World [GRP]By Louis ArmstrongWhat a Wonderful Worldsee relatedThe Good:Got my homework doneClass is overFound out hot guy in class isn't a sexist, but a gentlemanWatchin' the IncrediblesEatin' Ice CreamBeautiful Spring Rain...gotta love that smellThe Bad:More homework was assignedDog won't stop sniffing meHot guy is a gentleman, but still racist. Jerk.Might have to have monthly staff meetings at 6am instead of pm...YUCK!Got cold outside...brr...So today in class, my professor told us about the time he was in the Gulf War and was almost killed (multiple times). He said that to this day, he thinks of that moment and realizes that he didn't have to live. He could have very easily died that day. So he told us that what he wants us to get from his class is to learn to have passion in our lives. Find that one thing that is worth living for...worth waking up for. He then asked us to write for 10 minutes about the one thing in our lives that brings us passion that we would like to make a career out of and how that would help others. I wrote that I already have a career that I would love to do forever. I have the best of both worlds...business and medicine. I love the kind of work I do and would someday love to expand on that. I think mostly, I have a passion for the business aspect. I would be happy running a business that dealt with childrens books, photography, design, medicine...lots of things. I love being needed and being depended on. But in all honesty, my passion in life is not a career necessarily. It is to get an education so that I can be proud of myself, continue to hold a job I am honored to hold and to have a family. Family is the most important thing in life and I want that to be my passion. I look forward to the day I get to say 'I do' and 'I want you to meet your grandchild.' Even if this never happens, because as we all know life is uncertain, I will live each day in pursuit of that passion. I pray that each of you do the same and that I get to be a part of it!Hot guy in my class today redeemed himself somewhat...but is still questionable. A recent comment about "never voting for a black or hispanic president" kinda threw me off. Today however, he made the comment that if women wanted to be in the military that's fine, but he was not comfortable with them being on the front lines. At first, I was so mad! How dare he insinuate that a woman couldn't do it. Then, he explained himself. He stated, that any man, were he raised with manners, would want to protect his sister, daughter, mother and wife. He didn't see any sense in having them on the front line when he was capable of protecting them. Kinda cheesey, kinda sexist...kinda sweet. Who knows...but I think mostly I am still put off. If he loved me, he'd allow me to make that choice. Hmm...that's me, Ms. Independent speakin' out. And we wonder why I'm single?Well, I think I'm done for at least a bit. I have more studying to get done before I can call it a night. Blech. But before I go, here is one more "Picture of the Day"! Enjoy!Love, Liz

No comments: