Thursday, April 21, 2005

April 21, 2005


Currently PlayingThe Best of Bonnie RaittBy Bonnie RaittI Can't Make You Love Mesee related
The Good:Walked around the lake three times so far this weekNo class tonightFound out my friend is getting married
The Bad:Didn't rainFound out my friend is getting marriedHaving a lonely, poor pitiful me momentOverslept this morning really bad!
So I have a funny story. There is a cat figurine that has sat on my desk at work for over a year now. The other day, my boss' husband was trying to fix my ceiling fan and knocked the cat off the desk. It's tail shattered in two places. I got to work and found a note on my desk that said, "Dear Liz, I'm so sorry, but your cat had an accident this weekend. I feel there may be substantial nerve damage. She may be able to live as a bob tail, but I feel that euthanaisa and humane disposal may be the kindest option. I'm sorry. Signed, Dr. Peakheart." This made me laugh out loud!! I told Lynette, one of our nurses about it and she said she would try to glue her back together for me. About 30 minutes later, Lynette calls me back to the treatment room. I go back there to find "Fishy" on the treatment table with an oxygen mask on. I about peed my pants I was laughing so hard. Lynette gloved up and began "surgery". I took some pictures...
She even bandaged her tail in hot pink vetwrap (kinda like a sticky ace bandage). I told her to put Fishy on the doctors desk so she'd see her when she came in the next morning. In the mean time, I made the above pictures the background on all the clinic computers. Teeheehee... So the next day I come to work and find that Fishy has been put into a treatment recovery cage with a food bowl, water and a litter box. She has a medical record which claims she has skin like porcelain, eyes that are fixed and crossed (possible neurological damage resulting from her injuries) and prefers a diet of dust and dander. I about died. There is an entire medical history claiming that she was the victim of a suspected hit and run. Friends are amazing aren't they?
Gotta run...nothing to do, but less to say.
Love, Liz

No comments: