Thursday, April 28, 2005

April 28, 2005

Yesterday was a good day! I woke up on time, got to work on time...it was great! It was "Administrative Professional's Day" (fka Secretaries Day, haha!) and my boss got us girls a little flower pot (which will look great in our new house!!) and it was filled with yummy Bath and Body Works© goodies! Work was kind of slow but it allowed me to get quite a bit done.
I went to class and got my presentation over with! John made me laugh the whole time which helped a lot. I got full credit on my research paper and full credit on the presentation. YAY! I laughed all the way through Philosophy because there's a girl in my class that just kills me. We'll be talking about...you guessed it...Philosophy! and she will but in with the most ubscure questions. For example, my professor said that he wanted to get through lecture as quick as possible so he could get to the doctor. She blurted out, "Who's your doctor?" First of all, what does this have to do with Philosophy. Secondly, how are you making it go by any faster for the poor man. And thirdly, isn't that a slightly inappropriate question to ask your professor in front of the class? I mean hello, common sense my friend, common sense. By the time I got home, I was thoroughly exhausted.
I decided that I didn't want to study right then, so instead, I worked on making a CD for Caitlin (my roomie extroadinaire). Her birthday is coming up and I wanted to make her something special. I had her give me her top 10 "Happy Songs"! By the time I left for class I was awake again. I drove to class, rockin' out to Schizm by Tool which is on Caitertot's happy list. I had to make sure it worked!! Duh. Unfortunately, it skipped real bad. But that's okay, I'll make her a new one. :) When I got home from school, I studied for TWO HOURS! Ugh! But I'm proud of myself for it. Go me...mini wave for Liz. Woo Woo! OH! And at class, I found out that I got an 87 on my test!! THIS IS GOOD! I honestly thought I got like a 20 or something. I did better an this test than any of them and it was the one I studied the least for. Ha!
So anyway, I went to bed as usual. Told all the roomies goodnight and headed to "dark time". I got up this morning ON TIME and went about my regular routine. I get to the bathroom and there is a card taped to the mirror with my name on it. If you read my last entry, you know that I cry at commercials. Namely, Hallmark commercials. Did I mention I cry more at the actual card?? This was the nicest thing ever!! I haven't a clue what I did to deserve it, but it made my day!! My wonderful roommates wrote me a card, thanking me for being their friend and telling me they love me. Awwww is right! I was bawlin' in bath towel, ladies and gentlemen. I have the best friends ever. I am SO blessed. Here is the card...I want everyone to know how great these people are!! I LOVE YOU GUYS! Matthias, Cissi, Caitertot and Ben Ben...you guys are the best roommates/friends a person could ever ask for.
"Among the bills, the unwanted coupon flyers, the catalogs you're about to pitch, you spy the envelope that looks a little different. Your name is spelled correctly. It has a real stamp and actual handwriting, handwriting that looks familiar. You're puzzled. It's not your birthday, your anniversary, or Christmas. And then it occurs to you that maybe somebody somewhere sent this just to say hello, just to remind you that you're thought about- really thought about...and that person just wanted you to know."HEY LIZ!! Just wanted to let you know that I love you very very much! Maybe a little more than Edwin, but don't tell him that! Anyway, you gotta have a great day now cause I said so damnit! LOVE YOU! Cait MarieLIZ! Hey Liz! Just wanted to say hey, thanks for bein' a great roommate! EdwinGiz (don't ask- Liz), I would like to say thank you for being the perfect sister I never had!! Every person should have a friend like you. Thank you for always being there when I need to talk. If you would like to talk about anything at any time you just let me know, I got an extra bean bag chair for ya! (If anyone wants to know this story...you'll just have to ask! haha!-Liz) Love always, Matt P.S. Have you heard about that movie "Nobody Knows"? :) (Once again, just ask.-Liz)Lizzie, (I spelled it that way on purpose.) :) I feel like we easily take advantage of each other because we live together. I'm so sorry. You are a woman to be admired. I hope that our friendship grows stronger this next year, please know that I am always here for you. I love you, Liz. Christen
Was I right?? Or was I right?? These people rock my socks off. Nuff' said!Here's to a great day!
Love, Liz

No comments: