Tuesday, May 10, 2005

May 10, 2005


Currently PlayingStevie Ray Vaughan - Greatest HitsBy Stevie Ray VaughanPride and Joysee related
Today was a beautiful day in the neighborhood! Work was steady. Not too busy, not too slow. Lately, I tend to get a little frustrated with some things, but I know it's just me being moody. I'm trying not to vent at work so much because I don't ever want to be the person people avoid! ha! I am unbelievably blessed to have a job I love, but most importantly to work with a staff I love. It's wonderful when your coworkers are one of your closest group of friends.
Speaking of close friends, my Nay Nay called me today! This is like three days in a row and I feel so special!! Nathan is one of my best friends in the whole world. He was my prom date and probably the best date I've ever had. We had so much fun. He is graduating from the University of Illinois (Go Illini!!) this weekend with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Early Education. He is amazing. Nathan is like the gentle giant. He looks like he could rip your arm off and beat you with the bloody nub, but in all reality, he probably just wants you to chase butterflies with him! haha! He is such a sweet guy and to hear him talk about his kindergarteners, you'd think they were his own kids. I hope my kids get to be in their Uncle Nathan's class someday. That man can always make me laugh, and somehow always seems to make me feel better.
I got home and was LAZY for like...oh I don't know...the first 4 hours!! I am so GLAD that school is done for atleast a little while. I finished up with an A and 3 B's. Yeah, I am pretty dadgum extatic about that. I am taking Intro to Micro Economics over the summer and will roll right back into full time next Fall. Blech. I say that, but in all honesty, I'm so glad to be getting it done. I feel like I am accomplishing something, slowly, but surely.
My dad called me today too. That was pretty neat I guess. I haven't talked to him in almost a month which is much better than we have been. I think he is coming down for our annual family barbeque on the 4th of July. The roomies and I throw one every year and all of our families come into town to spend the weekend together. We go the lake and watch the fireworks too, which is always great fun! I miss my dad...so I hope he really shows up. Sadly, I am not allowing myself to get my hopes up as something always tends to come up and ruin his good intentions. This year, he's going to the Indi 500 so I can see the money issue arrising. I'm going to attempt to be positive, but you all know me better than that. ;)
WOW....big wave of happiness just swallowed me whole! Christen is cleaning the bathroom and she found some of the guys cologne. She sprayed it and it wafted into the den...mmm....pure, unadulterated, happiness. I love that smell.
On the line of boys, I have found a fellow Weisheit on www.thefacebook.com. His name is Zach! We're not 100% sure we're from the exact family tree, but how cool is it to find someone with a name like WEISHEIT in common. He goes to Indiana State and is only a couple years younger than I. We have been having a good time writing back and forth. Even if it turns out we're not family, I think I have met a good friend in the mix. How funny, huh? Life is so random.
I now have to go work on a presentation for work tomorrow night. I have a staff meeting I'm supposed to lead and I am SO not prepared. Wish me luck!!
G'nite, Liz

No comments: