Tuesday, May 03, 2005

May 3, 2005


Currently PlayingTal BachmanBy Tal BachmanShe's So Highsee relatedThis has been a looooong day. I had to work which is a daily thing, but today we had to euthanize a patient. It was so sad. A coworker was really torn up about it. It seems we have had a lot of injured and dying patients lately and it has taken a toll on the moral of the staff. I don't think people quite realize that this is a job that deals with life and death on a daily basis. Everyone is like, "OH! Cool, you work at a vet clinic. That would be fun to get paid to play with the animals." Yeah...cause that's all we do. Don't get me wrong. I do get to play with the animals and I love it...but it can still be an emotionally draining job. Didn't help at all that I was in a mood of all moods today. I was irritated with a LOT of people, some of it my fault, but MOSTLY THERE'S! ha!Today was my Caitertot's b-day! All the roomies had dinner at Joe's and we celebrated with a birthday shot. Caitlin's first legal drink! haha! YAY! Funny thing was, she wasn't sure what kind she wanted so I recommended the 'Slippery Nipple'. OKAY!! This is what I was TOLD they were called. So I ask the waitress if I could get some slippery nipples. haha!! YES! I said it just like that. She looked at me like I was a flaming idiot and then gradually got this perplexed somewhat horrified expression. Matt stepped in and was like, "I belive she means 'Buttery Nipples'...the shot. We'd like a round of shots." She laughed and was like, "Ooooh! Heehee!! OKAY!" Yeah...she was bright.We went home, I pretended to study for my exam and then headed off to face the music. I sat there...waited for about 10 minutes while the teacher passed out the exams. I tell you, she is the slowest woman alive. I look at the test and laugh to myself as she says, "You have until 9:50 for this exam, so you know, no rush." It took me all of 10 minutes. The exam started at 8 and I was back in my car at 8:12. Holy crap it was easy. I may have missed a couple, but I am feeling pretty confident about this one. Two down and two to go!!I came home and we stuffed ourselves with 1/2 of the birthday cake. The other half is being saved so we can reinsert the candles and celebrate Matt's b-day on Thursday. We are one interesting family! Off I go, once again to either sleep or pretend to study. Sleep sounds like a fantabulous idea and I think I'm gonna do it. Later friends, Liz

No comments: