Friday, May 13, 2005

May 13, 2005

I saw on a friends blog this little game where you choose 5 things from the list and complete the sentence. You're then supposed to "tag" someone else who must then do the same. I'm not going to tag you, as I'm lazy, but feel free to participate! Come on...it's all in good fun. I even did the whole list!If I could be a scientist...I would spend all my energy in coming up with a cure for cancer.If I could be a farmer...I wouldn't be. I would much rather be the one sitting on the porch swing on my big wrap around porch. I'd have a good book to read, iced tea to sip and the music of Frank Sinatra playing in the background.If I could be a musician...I would play for myself and friends, but you'd never find me on stage.If I could be a doctor...I would deliver babies.If I could be a painter...I would use every color on the pallette just because.If I could be a gardener ...I would grow all the flowers that smelled good and lots and lots of wild fowers.If I could be a missionary...I wouldn't. I would never think of 'forcing' my beliefs on another. I am happy to share and encourage those who choose that life for themselves, but they need to do just that...choose it.If I could be a chef...I would cook ALL the time! I love to cook, but I don't really have the means nor skill to make it wonderful.If I could be an architect ... I would build beautiful buildings. Not just functional ones. Detail is what makes the ordinary, extraordinary.If I could be a linguist... I'd never shut up.If I could be a psychologist... I would solve the worlds problems one nut at a time.If I could be a librarian... I wouldn't be. I love to read, but I can't handle silence.If I could be an athlete... I would play for the love of the game, not the size of the paycheck.If I could be a lawyer... I'd argue and argue until every rapist, murderer, batterer and adulterer was behind bars, rotting.If I could be an inn-keeper... I wouldn't. Who want's to clean up after other people?If I could be a professor... I'd encourage, stimulate and enhance ideas. I would also let class out early.If I could be a writer... I'd tell stories that make people laugh. If I could be a llama-rider... I would be the shit! Who wouldn't love to ride a llama? If I could be a bonnie pirate...Wait, wait wait. What is this IF crap? I've been told by two people that I AM a pirate!If I could be an astronaut... I'd sit on the moon and warm my face with the stars. I'd look back at Earth and finally realize how truly insignificant we are in the big picture.If I could be a world famous blogger...Oh, but I am...If I could be a justice on any one court in the world...it would the one that I could make the biggest difference.If I could be married to any current famous political figure...I wouldn't be. I don't like liars.


Today is my kind of day! Thunder, lightening and LOTS of rain! I love thunderstorms. The rain has since ceased and the clouds are turning from a brilliant shade of eminence to a softer shade of grayish white. I think the rain was hard enough to wash my car, which makes me happy all the way to the inside. Dory needed a good bath.

I got a newsy email from my ex’s grandma the other day. I love to hear from her, she is a wonderful person. However, I am thankful that she has finally let go of the notion that her grandson and I are going to be together again someday. Well, even if she still thinks it, I’m grateful that she doesn’t express it quite so much. She did however, let me know in full detail how he and his girlfriend are doing. I still care about him. He was my first love. I like knowing that he is well. But saying, “He is well”, would have been sufficient. It makes my heart ache to hear how much life has changed and moved on since I left there. I have come to the painful realization that the world doesn’t ALWAYS revolve around me. Ha! I got an email from two good friends the other day too. I have yet to write you girls back, but I will, I promise! No new excuses, I’m just lazy.

I had allergies somethin’ fierce last night so I took some allergy medicine. I was quite the loopy one! I even took ½ the recommended dose and whew! I was kinda spacey there for awhile, but I felt a LOT better once those babies kicked in. About the time the second pill kicked in, Caitlin told me I was a “Hip Chick”. I took that as a cue to start dancin’ and singing, “It’s a..hip...hop...hip to the hiphop, you don’t stop.” Ooooh yeah, baby. That’s right. I went there.

My friend J was telling me today about the cutesy wutesy details of her new crush/relationship. She was like, "I don't want to tell you, it'll make you sick! It's just so damned CUTE!" I told her to tell me all about it because I live vicariously through her. Yeah, I take it back. NO MORE CUTENESS! It just makes me sad, jealous...and it makes my ovaries hurt. My friend Clint and I promised each other that if we weren’t married by the time we were 28 that we’d marry each other. I should have gotten that in writing. I have a sinking feeling he’d back out. Or marry some random girl to get out of it! Ha-ha! I was actually thinking about that today. What if I never get married? I want kids bad enough I think I’d consider a sperm donor. Seriously. Drew? Wanna donate? We’d have some damn cute, talented kids. We could name them Antonio, Veronica and April!! Whadya think??! Sorry kids, that’s an inside joke, but I’d love to share so just email me! Ha-ha!

Tot, this parts for you. Don’t ever let people make you feel inferior. You’re loved even if you don’t know it. AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!! Sorry...’nother inside joke. Ha-ha!!
Later peeps!
Lizzi

No comments: