Wednesday, May 18, 2005

May 18, 2005


Currently PlayingDrama QueenBy Judith EdelmanJust because I was feelin' the whole drama queen thing there for a minute...momentary lapse. I apologize. ;)see relatedHello all! Today has been a pretty good day! I am working on my healthy summer goal as I told you in an earlier post and so far I am keeping up with it. It is only Wednesday, but you have to start somewhere right? Caitlin and I got back from a walk around Boomer about an hour ago. We went on the three mile trek with Katie, a friend and coworker of mine. I haven't laughed or talked that much in a loooong time! Thanks girls! We had a good time and even chatted with a really handsome fellow with a cute dog! Niiice. Animal lovers are always a plus. Caitlin even offered to trip a roller-blader for me so I could pretend to be a nurse and 'help him'. What a great friend!! I LOVE CAITLIN! It got pretty muggy by the end of the walk, and we were ready to head home and hit the showers. It felt so good to be out tho.One traumatic thing did happen today, however. I was sitting here at my computer during my lunch break and just happened to look over and see 'Balla, one of our fish, FLOATING AT THE TOP OF THE TANK!! He had been that way for a few hours at least seeing as everyone was at work. OMG! I flipped out! He was all filmy and lifeless, floating on his back with his mouth hanging open....ugh! The water had gotten so murky that it had this eery glow about it. I freaked and called Caitlin at work cause she had left the house moments earlier. "Did YOU know Balla was floating in the tank?!" So then I called Matt at work and told him I was freakin' out and utterly disgusted. He too, thought this to be disgusting. We discussed how we were going to get it out seeing as I REFUSED to touch it. Then, I called Christen at work. (Yup, I'm all about harassing people on the job.) I told her what happened and she was like, "Oh good...it was just the fish. I thought you were going to say the dog was dead." haha! Would have been that calm if there was a dead DOG floating in the top of the tank?? Noooo...I think not. ;)I had a staff meeting at work today and it went pretty smoothly with only myself, one other staff member and the doctor present. It was nice! We got good food from Panera and basically breezed throught the meeting. That's my kind of meeting! After that, Katie and I went for dessert. I'm SO BAD!! Some healthy summer huh?? Oh well...baby steps, my friend. Baby steps.Well, off I go to get my beauty sleep. Sweet dreams all and I'll see ya on the morrow.Love, Lizzi

No comments: