Tuesday, May 17, 2005

May 17, 2005

Welp, here I am. Same song, different dance. I kinda feel like I'm in a rut these days. I do pretty much the same thing every day. I get up at the same time, get ready in the same routine and then go to work, taking the same roads. I do the same job I've done for almost 4 years (wonderful as it is!) and then I go home and hang out around my house. The excitement of my days is now going on walks around the lake. We have started our "Healthy Summer Goals" at work and now I have to walk around Boomer 3 times a week, do Pilates 2 times a week and a few other things such as drink more water, eat breakfast, etc. Blech. Healthiness is over rated. However, I have become very good friends with two guys who aren't so good for me. Their names are Ben & Jerry. I mean seriously! Have you guys tried their ice cream 'Dublin Mudslide'? OMG! It can only be found at Albertson's, FYI.
I guess another thing lately that has been breaking up the monotony at my house is the fact that we're moving! I'm so excited! It is going to be an insane Memorial Day weekend tho. I can't even begin to tell you. There are five of us and we have a LOT of stuff. For the most part, I'm packed and I think Caitlin is basically done, but the rest of the house is in complete turmoil. The living room is filled with boxes and then there's a huge pile of stuff for the Salvation Army. This is amazing, seeing as we've already taken 3 truck loads of stuff out of the garage. This new pile is from the bedrooms only! UGH! Christen started packing a little bit of the kitchen last night, but I fear that is going to take us a loooong time.
Speaking of the kitchen, you should have seen the mess I made last night. I made dinner, which honestly, doesn't happen all that often. I made breaded fried chicken, croissants (out of can, ha!) and mashed potatoes. Apparently, I had the oil in the pan just a wee bit too hot...it sizzled ALL OVER the place. I'm not kidding. I had to mop the dang kitchen and bleach the countertops. Today's task will be to REWASH the dishes I used because getting them clean was a task and then to clean to disaster on the stove. haha! I did most of it last night, but I had to wait for the dishwasher to stop so I can unload and reload. The things I worry about...haha!
After the meal, which turned out not half bad I might add, Christen and I took Hailey and Oakley for a walk around the lake. (Kick started my goal!) Hailey took a nose dive into the water which had a lovely, gooey, green skim on it. Greeeat. Thankfully she was dry before she got back into my car. Oakley was absolutely terrified of the rollerbladers which I thought was a riot! That dog is not so bright. She jumps the fence all the dadgum time and then comes home, scratching at the front door to be let in. Duh. I can't wait until we have the privacy fence at the new house so she can spend most of her time outside again. I think she gets cabin fever and then everytime I come home she attacks me. Not in a mean way, but in an "OMG! I forgot what you smelled like! Let me attach my nose to your pant leg and jump on you while you try to walk! OH! You took off your shoes! Let me LICK YOUR TOES!" I HATE it when she does that. It gives me the willies and the heeby jeebies all at once. And beware my friends, when you come to visit, she will do the same to you. She gets really excited and has even been known to tinkle on a friend or two. Sue Ann namely. She lived on a farm and her reply to the warm urine running down her leg was, "Oh, it's okay. A little dog urine never hurt anyone. And I've had worse." Um...ew? I don't even want to know what could be worse than DOG pee.
Well, on that lovely note, I'm off to work. I hear Christen up making oatmeal and I'm late for work as usual. Have a great day all!!
Love, Lizzi

No comments: