Monday, June 20, 2005

Big Secrets

I was introduced to a blog yesterday that I wanted desperately to share with you all. At first glance it was just another blog, by another faceless person in the great vast we call the world wide web. I read one daily that is for humor purposes and of course the ones that are written by my friends and family, but this one is so different. It is compelling, heart wrenching, saddening...and hopeful. It is called PostSecret at www.postsecret.blogspot.com. This blog is actually an art project that was started by a man named Frank, to help raise money for a Hope Foundation. This foundation is aimed towards helping those who feel suicide and abuse are their only options. People from all over the world mail in their deepest, darkets secret on the back of a postcard and they do it completely anonymously. Some of the secrets will rock you, and some will make you think you have a kindred spirit in the far reaches of internet life. Read these and imagine the courage it must have taken to share such feelings. I am so thankful that the life I have been given has been filled with enough happy moments to mask the bad ones, but enough hard ones to keep me real. I pray that each of you finds some kind of peace or hope from reading these secrets...maybe you have one of your own to share.
God Bless,
Liz

5 comments:

travis said...

Sup Liz. Yeah I was in Oklahoma two weekends ago...However....I was in Ft. Gibson with april visiting her dad's side family. We left saturday morning at 5a.m. to get there and left sunday around noon. Needless to say there wasn't much time unforunately. Sorry! We were only there twic as long as it took to get there. Hope you're not too angry.

EKWisdom said...

Of course I'm not angry at you! I was being a 'smartass'...you taught me well. ;) But you guys are MORE THAN WELCOME to come see me anytime.

travis said...

I thought that might be the case. Hopefully if april gets a couple more then two days off and we head down there...we'll do all that we can to come and bust some shit up over in Stillwater! :) I'm glad your doing the blogger thing cause for some reason i'm alot more proned to keep up to date with your posting and stuff. Oh and if you could liz...in the blogger settings and stuff there's a thing called a atom rss site feed. If you could find that and send a me that link that'd be cool...that way i can use a rss aggregator to subscribe....that way when you post the text will show up and it will notify of a new post. Cool? Take it easy Liz!

EKWisdom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
travis said...

B-I-N-G-o spells Bingo! thanks liz.