Tuesday, June 07, 2005

June 7, 2005


Currently PlayingSweet Home Alabama [Original Soundtrack]By Various ArtistsJason Chain- You Got Mesee related
Hola mi familia y mis amigos! Que pasa?The energy is gradually reentering my body...slowly, but surely. I feel better today than I have all weekend. I didn't flip any drivers off today, I didn't mutter profanities at stupid people and I didn't jump off any ledges! Today was a good day.
However, I went to petsit over my lunch hour today and was greeted by the nastiest house I have ever seen. I'm not kidding you guys, it was God awful. There was an Eskimo Joe's cup sitting on the counter (Okie's know how big this is) and it was full I tell you, FULL of MOLD. Green gobs of ooey gunk. It had to have been there for quite some time. And then, the cats had some canned food on the floor on little plates. Fair enough, my cat has that too. But then I see that the food is completely untouched. "Strange", I think to myself as I look at the gargantuous felines that grace this house. They make triangles when they sit...no joke. I look closer and see that each little pile of yummy morsels is swarming with ants. I look even closer and see that this swarm as created a sort of parade towards the front door. This is an approximate 20 foot trec that I can only imagine to be a gagillion miles to the ants. This house has probably never been vacuumed and is filled with more useless crap than I think my little eyes will ever feast upon again. Pure nastiness. I have one word that continues to run through my mind...Hepatitis.
I came home to my own little grunge fest which is gradually becoming liveable. Actually, it is quite remarkable. I came home to Caitlin and Edwin cleaning the basement and it looks magnificent!! Most of probably have no way of fathoming how much this means. This basement was growing things that should never be let out of the lab. There was a solid spider web covering one window and a carpet that looked like it had been home to one too many critters. It even smells better. There is light now and it is becoming more and more welcoming. Great job guys! In the midst of all the action, Caitlin not only got a war wound, but met a new friend...the nice SPIDER living in the window. Blech. Sorry Charlotte, but you gotsta go.
I got an email from an ex-boyfriend today. Not a real email, just one of those goofy little "what color pants are you wearing?" quizzes. But nonetheless, it brought back memories. In a way it kind of makes me sad because I don't have "that" anymore, but on the other hand, I am more thankful than words could ever express. That was a time in my life when I didn't think I could do any better and I also felt that I needed to try to "save" everyone. I didn't realize that it was myself I needed to make happy before I would ever be able to satisfy someone else. Now, I know exactly what I do and do NOT want in a relationship and I am willing to wait for that. It makes me sad that I have to wait and that I haven't found 'the one', but I know that when I find him, he'll be all that i've dreamed of and more.
Enough of that! I'm off to do some homework. Blech. Microeconomics. And then its back to unpacking. When will it ever end?! haha!!
Love, Liz
Public - 5:38 PM - 4 eprops - 2 comments - edit it - email it

No comments: