Friday, June 03, 2005

June 3, 2005

Oh kids...I am being a baaaad employee today. Yup, it is 1:45 and Katie has just left for the afternoon. I only have 2 more hours until this shift ends! Yay! I am actually working however, don’t get me wrong. I’m just at a slight standstill as I wait on my other program to cooperate with me. Computer’s suck! But I still, “Love technology...” ;) I have to go pet sit for two people after work (and they just happen to live on COMPLETE opposite ends of town!) but after that...I’m NAPPING! I haven’t been this exhausted in all my life. I don’t think I have ever been this close to clinical exhaustion, but I’m getting there. On top of the stress of moving, there is also the actual physical aspect that has left me drained. Part of it is that I keep staying up late because I want to finish getting the house organized and clean. I made myself go to bed at 10 last night, but even with 8 hours of sleep, I was still so exhausted this morning that I about fell asleep at my desk. It was bad enough that fellow staff members were asking me if I was feeling alright and if they needed to go get the doctor. Ha! I was literally sitting at my computer with my head in my hands and eyes glazed over. I felt as if I had been hit repeated by a Mac truck. If a junky had entered the building with a syringe and a cappuccino, I would have willingly wrapped my arm in his belt and began tapping my inner arm looking for the best vein in which to inject the frothy goodness. I finally bribed one of the nurses into running down to Aspen Coffee and getting me some super caffeinated liquid heaven. Sad how it instantly made me feel better. My head stopped throbbing, my eyes felt less swollen, I stepped back from the ledge and all in all I felt like a much nicer person. My boss came up to my desk approximately 10 minutes after my caffeine injection and in my cheeriest, I just had COFFEE, voice I said, “Can you see that the coffee helped??” She replied with, “Yes, Liz. I can see that.” As she swirled her index finger rather closely to her left ear as she rolled her eyes in my direction. Sweet, sweet lady. Ha! Lynette, one of our nurses, kept telling me that I needed protein and a nap; that my body was trying to tell me something. I told her my body tells me things all the time, but I rarely listen. (Speaking of that...you all need to check this out. I about pee'd myself! So funny! Yeah! FU, Lactaid!) Lynette just walked in after her lunch hour and asked me if I had taken a nap during mine. When I told her no, that I had paid bills instead, she gave me the sternest ‘Your mother told you to do something, why didn’t you do it?’ looks. I haven't seen that look since I was about 7 years old and told my mom that I was ‘busy’ and that I’d ‘have to get back to her’ when she told me to put away my toys and help set the dinner table. (Shudders) Now that I’m on a momentary high and can foresee the impending ‘come down’, I will bring this to a close as to spare you. When that wears off, I may or may not write more...ha!

Percolatingly, Liz
Public - 3:29 PM - 2 eprops - 1 comment - edit it - email it

No comments: