Thursday, June 23, 2005

Super Size Me

Last night was rather interesting, as it was filled with disastrous cooking mishaps, good food, friends and the movie Super Size Me. My office was having a staff meeting which we do monthly, but usually we gather 'round the bosses desk and inhale Mazzio's pizza and caffeinated liquid heaven (aka Dr. Pepper). This month, we went for a healthier approach. Every summer we do a program called, ingeniously, "Healthy Summer". During this, we set personal goals of good health and we attempt to eat better at meetings. Last night we dined on almond encrusted tuna steaks, fresh vegetables in a lemon-vinegar sauce, watermelon and other fresh fruits and a wonderful vegatable pastry. I, not very surprisingly, was in charge of dessert! YAY! I made a Black Cherry Poke Cake which was pretty good. It better have been after the disaster that ensued as I was making it!! To make this cake, one must pour a cup of boiling hot jell-o over a freshly baked cake, making it a gooey mess until it sets up. Well, our refrigerator apparently jiggles as you close the door and the cake pan, full of boiling hot jello mind you, fell off the back shelf and slid its way down the back of the refrigerator. Not only did it fall, but it wedged itself vertically between the a shelf and the back of the fridge. OMG. What...a freakin' disaster! Edwin, the gentleman that he is, helped me take apart the inside of the fridge and clean every single piece. Ugh! So, my two layer creation instantly became a one layer, but that's okay. It still tasted okay! haha! The other one stayed put and set up, like it was told to! The misfit cake ended up in detention (aka the trash can.) The other dessert was a raspberry sorbet/cheescake like thing. It was quite good! They were both a big hit at the meeting and at home, so I was pleased. While we gorged ourselves on our HEALTHY food, we watched Super Size Me. OMG. If you guys haven't seen this film, I HIGHLY recommend it. I'm serious, it was so eye opening on so many different levels. However, I really wanted a Big Mac when it was over. I think it had a reverse effect on me!! haha! j/j Actually, I felt incredibly fat after watching it and instantly wanted to go on a walk around the lake. I will do that tonight, I swear. Last night I chose to forego excercise in order to get my homework done, but yeah...that didn't happen. Instead I watched the end of the While You Were Out/What Not to Wear special with the roommates. I'm so not cut out for college. haha! When I get a diploma I will be though!! My dad will be here for the 4th of July, speaking of diplomas. I'm considering wearing my Phi Eta Sigma t-shirt EVERY SINGLE DAY just to rub it in. Is that petty? Garsh, there comes my inner teenager again. Damnit it Buffy, go away!! Yes, I have named her Buffy. She's a bitch. Still lookin' for names for the inner child. I'm thinking my inner elder will be Ethel. What do you think? hahaha!! Well, I am off to grab a coffee at Aspen before I head to work. I'm thinking today is going to be a great day! LOVE TO ALL! Liz

No comments: