Monday, June 27, 2005

Plum Tuckered

As much as I complain about my microecon class, you'd think I study all the time. Let the truth be told, I do not. In fact, I need to study a LOT MORE because I don't understand a damn lick of it. Seriously. OMG. I have never felt so stupid in all my life. I have never had to try so hard at a subject to still understand approximately zilch. Usually, I have atleast a working knowledge of the topic, but OMG. I'm f****d.

So, in the midst of one of my, "I CAN'T STUDY ANYMORE!!!" moments, I decided to take Hailey for a stroll. We loaded up the SUV and headed for Boomer Lake. She licked my windows the whole way. (?) Upon arrival she attempted to run me in front of a cop car...not housing an attractive cop I might add. This was one of the many Stillwater's Finest we would encounter this evening. Got me a little worried, I won't lie. She did very well tonight and DID NOT attempt to smell all of the goose poo...just some. We made friends with a fellow canine that was approximately 1/100th the size of good ole Hailey. His name was Rocky. And boy was he fierce. Yip! She took a quick swim (sludge?) in the lake and got a drink of water before we headed for the trip home. We had gotten a late start so it was already starting to get a little dark. And of course, after pulling me half way around the oasis, it was my turn to do some haulin'. Hailey got so tired that there was significant slack in her leash and a lot more drooling. I had to keep encouraging her. "Just a little further baby, you can do it." Who in the world would I have called to come get us?! haha! After we made it all the way around, it was time to get back in Dory and drive home. So I thought. Hailey was SO tired that she couldn't jump into the back of my car. OMG. She is a... heavy...dog. I made her put her front paws on the bumper and then with all my might, lifted her happy end and thrust her into the car. What a sight! haha! She immediately laid down and didn't budge until we got home. She was so unbelievably thirsty by the time we made it in the house that she bee-lined for her bowl. I refilled it a second time and then she was so exhausted, she laid flat bellied on the lenoleum to drink the rest. I put some ice cubes in her bowl like the good aunt that I am and then of course, photographed her in all her glory. Sprawled out on the floor. Great pics huh?? That's the life.

And on that note, I'm pretty tired myself. Or as my grandma used to tell me, "plum tuckered out". G'nite all...sweet dreams!
Love, Liz

No comments: